Birth Doula support is offered at St. Charles hospitals in Bend and Redmond.
Our primary goal at Mandala Midwifery is to support each family through the choices they decide are best for them. If having a hospital birth is what you and your family feel the best about, then we would be more than happy to support you with doula care.
Those families who are receiving midwifery care from us enjoy the benefits of built-in doula support from our midwives and students, but should a family decide they would like additional doula support, they are more than welcome to hire a doula outside of our practice.
Families who are choosing a hospital birth enjoy the benefits of our experienced doulas who are also midwifery interns. Our midwives are available for the doulas to consult with.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation visit to determine if our doula care option is right for your family.
Doula services include two prenatal visits to get acquainted and discuss your birth plans and desires, continuous labor and birth care, as well as two postpartum visits for support and screening for abnormal findings that would require a referral back to your primary care team.
For families who are planning a hospital birth but desire the midwifery model of prenatal and postpartum care, we are also offering services for you! Please see our midwifery services page for details.
Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth
- tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
- reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
- reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
- reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
- Feel more secure and cared for
- Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
- Have greater success with breastfeeding
- Have greater self-confidence
- Have less postpartum depression
- Have lower incidence of abuse
The birth doula package price is $1000, as with the rest of our fees, we offer discounts for low income families.